PRIVACY NOTICE – BUSINESS CONTACTS
Who we are. We are Amber Doors & Loading Bay Services Ltd (company number: 4292121) (“we“) and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice will tell you how we look after your personal data and your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
We act as data controller in respect of your personal data and are responsible for your personal data.
How to contact us. You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by post to Amber Doors & Loading Bay Services Ltd, Booth Street, Smethwick, West Midlands B66 2PF.
About this notice. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from or you, or that you or your employer/business provide to us, will be processed by us.
What personal data do we hold about you? The personal data we may hold about you primarily falls into two categories: personal data collected from you during your use of our website, www.amberdoors.co.uk (Website)and personal data collected during the course of any business relationship we have with you or your employer/business.
The table below sets out personal data you or your employer/business give to us, personal data we may collect from you and personal data we may receive from other sources. In each case, such personal data may include personal or business contact details but we treat both of these with the same level of privacy were necessary.
Personal data you or your employer/business may give to us:
Personal data we may collect from you:
Personal data we may receive from other sources
(1) your name, email address, phone number and address when you submit an enquiry to us by our Website, by email, by phone or using any of our social media sites.
(2) your name, phone number, address, email address and
role/job title provided during the course of our business
relationship with you or your employer/business.
technical information, including your internet protocol (IP) address and browser type and version on the devices you use to access our Website.
(1) if you engage with us on social media, we may receive your name and other profile information that you make publicly available.. (2) we may receive information about you from credit reference agencies if we request a credit check as part of your commercial relationship with us (or that or your employer/business).
Please let us know if your personal data changes. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current so please let us know (using the contact details included in this notice) if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How do we collect your personal data, how is such personal data used and what lawful basis do we rely on for our use of your personal data? We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. The table below sets out how we collect your personal data, how we may use the personal data we hold about you and our lawful basis for such use
Name, email address, address and phone number provided to us when you contact us with any queries:
Name, phone number, address, email address and role/job title:
Name and email address:
Technical information, including your internet protocol (IP) address and browser type and version on your device:
Name and other profile information from your social media profile:
Information about you from credit reference agencies:
Use of Personal Data
To deal with and respond to your query.
To the extent that your query leads to us having a commercial relationship with you or your employer/business, we will use such personal data to supply our products and services to you (or your employer/business).
To carry out our commercial relationship and supply our products and services to you or your employer/business.
To send you communications about the products, events and services we offer by email.
To administer and protect our Website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data), to improve our Website and to deliver appropriate and effective content to you on our Website.
To respond to any communication you make with us via our social media accounts.
To determine our ability to carry out a commercial contract with you, supply our products and services to you or your employer/business and manage our payment risks.
To carry out our contract or potential contract with you (or your employer/business).
To carry out our contract with you (or your employer/business).
Necessary for our legitimate interests of promoting our products, events and services to our valued customers and keeping our customers up to date with our latest activities.
Necessary for our legitimate interests of keeping our Website up to date and relevant, developing our business and informing our marketing strategy.
To carry out our contract or potential contract with you (or your employer/business).
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure prompt payment of amounts due to us).
Disclosures of your personal data. We may share your personal data with selected third parties including the following:
- Our email platform, website host and other IT and service providers.
- Any marketing agencies we may engage from time to time.
- Our product delivery agents.
- Our payment processors and credit reference agencies.
- Our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and insurers, as required by them from time to time to enable them to effectively advise us.
- Any company within our group of companies.
Required disclosures to third parties.We may make the following disclosures of your personal data to third parties where required:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract between you (or your employer/business) and us or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Amber Doors and Loading Bay Services Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to HM Revenue & Customs, regulatory and other authorities who require this information for any purpose.
Where we store your personal data. We will not transfer any personal data we collect from you to a destination outside the European Economic Area.
How we will protect your data. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We will limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to know such information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
How long we will store your personal data. We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for your personal data are set out below:
- We will keep information you provide to us when you contact us in respect of a query (in cases where we do not have a business relationship with you or your employer/business) for 3 years following the date on which we finish dealing with your query.
- We will keep information you provide to us to enable us to supply our products and services to you or your employer/business for the period during which we supply our products and services and for a period of up to six years thereafter.
- We will keep technical information collected about you for no more than one month
- We do not retain (other than within our own social media profile) or export to our system any personal data we obtain from your social media profile for any purpose
- We will keep information we obtain from credit reference agencies for 6 months following collection unless you (or your employer/business) become(s) our customer in which case we may retain such information for such time as we are a party to a contract with you (or your company) and 3 years thereafter.
You have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
- a right of access to a copy of such personal data;
- a right to object to processing on the basis of our legitimate interests that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress to you;
- a right to object to processing for direct marketing;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked or destroyed;
- a right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- a right in certain circumstances to request that your personal data be transferred to you or another provider;
- a right to request erasure of the personal data we hold about you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
Please be aware that other terms may apply to you. Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or applications. If you follow a link to any of these websites or applications, please note that these websites or applications may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or applications.
We may make changes to our privacy notice. Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on our Website and notified to you the first time you access the Website following such change.
Your right to make a complaint in respect of our use of your personal data. You have the right to complain in respect of our use of your personal data. If you are a UK resident, your complaint should be addressed to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us first before you escalate your complaint
You may provide personal data in respect of which you are the data controller to us. Where we have agreed to provide products or services to you or your employer/business we may receive personal data from you to process as data processor. This notice does not apply to our processing of such personal data on your behalf and you should contact us for further information in respect of such processing.
You can contact us in respect of your personal data. Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com or by post to Amber Doors & Loading Bay Services Limited.